Our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all instances where we collect your personal data. We have included changes to address the new standards introduced by the European data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by The Scottish Sporting Car Club Limited.
The Scottish Sporting Car Club and our Data Protection Officer
We’re The Scottish Sporting Car Club Limited (Company No. SC018375), with our registered office at 12 Clochbar Gardens, Milngavie, G62 7JP. We are a data controller of your personal data.
One of our Directors holds the responsibility of acting as our data protection officer (“DPO”). You can contact the DPO using the details below or by writing to the above address, marking it for the attention of the DPO.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our activities includes:
- Personal and contact details such as title, full name, contact details and email address
- Your date of birth, gender and/or age
- Emergency Contacts if you enter any of our competitive events
- Vehicle information such as registration number, make and model
- Marshal/Official attendance information if you assist at any Motorsport UK-permitted event
3. What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- From event entry forms completed by another person
- From event signing-on sheets
- From other sources such as Motorsport UK Regional Associations, Motorsport UK-recognised clubs, Scottish Motor Sports, and other relevant groups
4. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 2 above, for the following purposes:
- Administering the membership of the club
- Administering entries to club events
- Administering and recording attendance at Motorsport UK-permitted events as a marshal or official
- Administering championships and other awards
- Processing online payments
- Improving the operation of our club and that of our partners such as the Regional Association and Motorsport UK
- Management and auditing of our club operations including accounting
- Administering our good governance requirements or administration required for Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) processes
- Informing members of activities that may interest them
- Other activities that are performed to promote the club or motorsport in general
5. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- allowing us to operate as a club
- allowing us to run or participate in events
- comply with the requirements of the Motorsport UK General Regulations
- Where we need to comply with our legal obligations
6. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Motorsport UK
- Motorsport UK Regional Associations
- Motorsport UK-recognised clubs
- Scottish Motor Sports
- Other relevant groups when there is a benefit of our membership
- Cloud-based data processing and storage providers
We will not share any information with other organisations for the purposes of telemarketing or cold calling.
7. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
You can withdraw your consent to our holding and processing your personal information at any time by contacting us using the details below.
8. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements such as the Privacy Shield Programme.
9. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records by contacting the DPO using the details below or by writing to the address in section 1 above, marking it for the attention of the DPO. We’ll then update your records.
10. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to carry out our activities if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
11. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our membership
- For as long as the Motorsport UK require us in order to comply with insurance requirements and Motorsport UK’s General Regulations (the “Blue Book”)
12. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
13. Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing. You can contact us by using the details below to exercise these rights.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us by writing to The Scottish Sporting Car Club Limited, 12 Clochbar Gardens, Milngavie, G62 7JP, marking it for the attention of the DPO.